“When I joined the family in 2014, I was seeking a progressive bank with strong values. That’s exactly what I found in First National.”
When asked what he liked most about his job is, he quickly said, “building strong relationships with our farmers area producers” and collaborating with his coworkers.
Having only been in the industry for 7 years, the Howard, SD native has a laundry list of educational achievements. He first attended SDSU and then went on to complete the following:
- Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University (year 2 of 3)
- ICBSD Emerging Leaders Program
- Graduate of the IBA Ag Credit School at Iowa State University (2 year program)
- National School for Experienced Ag Lenders
- SDBA School for Beginning Ag Lenders
- Licensed Crop Insurance Agent
Grant says he owes a lot to his family. “My wife, Kristi, is the foundation of my support system. She always finds a way to keep our family first, which makes balancing my work and home lives easier.” He also gives credit to the administrative assistants and credit analysts saying, “none of what we as lenders do would be possible without their help!”
Outside of work, Grant likes to golf and spend time with his family. He is also an active volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, the Ag Division of the Sioux Falls Chamber, and Lutheran Church of Dell Rapids.