Travel With Us!
Experience Amish Country with us September 20-24, 2015
Day 1: Arrive in Philadelphia, PA
After arriving at the Philadelphia International Airport, we will climb aboard our deluxe motor coach headed to Amish Country. When we arrive, we will check-in to The Double Tree Resort in Lancaster, PA, our home for the next four nights. A delicious buffet dinner awaits at the hotel restaurant this evening.
Day 2: Hershey, PA
After an included breakfast, we will travel to Hershey, PA to tour the Sturgis Pretzel Factory to try our hand at pretzel twisting! Then on to Chocolate World, where we will have time for lunch on our own prior to a tour and a visit to Founder’s Hall. In the afternoon, we will visit the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum. An elegant dinner at the famous Hotel Hershey‘s Circular Dining Room is how we will conclude our visit before returning to Lancaster.
Day 3: Gettysburg, PA
Following a hearty included breakfast, we will board the coach for historic Gettysburg. Our first stop will take us to the new Visitors Center and Battlefield Museum. For your enjoyment, view the film “A New Birth of Freedom” and experience the Cyclorama. Following an on-your-own lunch, we will take a guided tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield. In the evening, a dinner is served at this historic Dobbins House Tavern.
Day 4: Amish Country
After an included breakfast, we will meet our guide for a day of touring Lancaster’s Amish Country. We will visit a local dairy for a guided tour, then take a visit to an Amish farm and quilt shop. Next, it is time for lunch and shopping on our own at the marvelous Kitchen Kettle Village. Later, we will travel to the Sight & Sound Theatre for the production of Joseph. To conclude our day, we will visit the National Christmas Center and walk through the history of Christmas. A fabulous farewell Smorgasbord Dinner will be served at the Shady Maple.
Day 5: Philadelphia
Following breakfast, we will board the coach for Philadelphia. Our guide will take us on a guided tour of the city. We will visit Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell before traveling to the Reading Terminal Market, a wonderful, indoor farmers market that opened in 1892. Here you will have the opportunity to try some of Philadelphia’s famous foods that include hoagies, cheese steaks, and soft pretzels. We will then say farewell to Pennsylvania and journey to the Philadelphia Airport for our flight home.
- Four nights’ accommodations at the Doubletree Resort in Lancaster, PA
- Four Breakfasts and Four Dinners
- Admission to Hershey’s Chocolate World – Admission to Founder’s Hall
- Admission to the Antique Automobile Museum – Admission to Gettysburg Visitors’ Center
- Guided Battlefield Tour – Guided tour of Lancaster – Visit an Amish Farm and Quilt Shop
- Admission to the National Christmas Center – Visit Kitchen Kettle Village
- Admission to Sight & Sound Theatre (Joseph) – Three-day guide service in Lancaster
- Guided tour of Philadelphia – Visit the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall
- Visit the Reading Terminal Market – Motor coach transportation
- Baggage Handling at the Hotel – Tax and service charges
Price Per Person:
- Triple Occupancy $950.00 + airfare
- Double Occupancy $995.00 + airfare
- Single Occupancy $1,175.00 + airfare
For more information, email Deb Thompson or call her at (605) 335-5116.
A $250.00 deposit is due upon registration. Final payment is due July 8, 2015.