With all that has happened over the last year, we’re ready to start a new chapter and help some high school seniors do the same. That’s why we’re excited to officially announce that we’re once again awarding five $1,000 scholarships!
Each year we look forward to our scholarship competition, because it gives us a chance to live out parts of our FIRST Values: Family, Independence & Innovation, Relationships, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
The best part? There’s no writing! All you have to do is answer this prompt: If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it? Let us know by creating an original 30-60 second video.
Ideas could include:
• Creating your own business
• Investing it
• Donating a portion to your favorite charity
• Saving it
• Other – get creative!
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Each applicant must be a graduating area high school senior who plans to attend an accredited South Dakota institution of higher learning (public or private) as a full-time student. Applicants do not need to be customers of The First National Bank in Sioux Falls to apply, and the scholarship is not renewable.
Here’s what you need to do:
• Download and complete the application (two pages)
• Request your official high school transcript from your school
• Create and post your 30-60 second video on YouTube or Vimeo. Choose Public or Unlisted when uploading your video and include the link in your email with your other application materials.
• Upload these items using the form below. All requirements listed above must be met or it may result in disqualification of the applicant.