EMV chip technology has emerged in the last few years in our payment system and is designed to combat fraud and, most importantly, protect sensitive information. Over the course of the next several months, we will be transitioning all of our debit card customers from the traditional magnetic strip cards to EMV chip cards. Card numbers and PINs will stay the same, so reoccurring payments that are already set up won’t be affected.
Here’s what you can expect to change:
- When making a purchase at a business, you will need to leave your card inserted into the chip reader until your transaction is complete. It will tell you when you can remove it.
- When using your chip card at an ATM, you will need to insert it, remove it, and insert it again. There will be instructions on the screen.
Below are some steps on how to insert your new chip card into our Advantage ATMs:
- Insert your chip card, and pull it back out
- The screen will prompt you to insert your card again
- The ATM will then hold your card until your transaction is complete
- Take your card, cash, and receipt
You can also find the above steps demonstrated in this video:
If you have questions or would like to learn more, please call (605) 335-5200, and our Customer Service team will be happy to assist you.